Tuesday, July 3, 2018


 Feb. 18, 2018
On my way to Church God gave me a word. If I listen God will put words in my heart sometimes I know what they mean sometimes I don’t.
This morning The words were “What does it mean to be sober ?”
I have never not been sober so I was somewhat lost on what it meant. I do understand that God was speaking in a spiritual way.
I had planned to go home and think about the question but I didn’t make it home to ponder on it.
Pastor Dave title to his sermon was What it means to be sober. 1 Peter 5 -11 I could have melted in my chair. I’m thinking God ( Whats Up ) you put a thought in my head and Pastor Dave is preaching on it.
Pastor Dave scriptures were 1 Peter 5, 8-11.
When I got home I went back to 1 Peter 5, 6-11
I can’t seem to get pass the words being put in my head before Church and it was what the sermon was about. I’m still at a lost on it.
But I am going to study on it to see if God can help me understand.
1 Peter 5:6-11 King James Version (KJV)
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
King James Version (KJV)
The devil is our adversary. He prows around like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. WE have to always keep watch we never know what the enemies are up to.
The devil can come pretending   to be God, that is why we have to study the word and the word.
 I think I just figured  it out . I have not been studying like I should and this really got me going. I have been reading and studying on this for 2 days.   I have also been telling God I’m going to read and study more later. I think God is telling me later is not good enough.  I have pages and pages on this. I am still going to be praying about this. But I feel good about my thoughts on it so far.


No comments: