Thursday, September 18, 2014

July 9, 2014
God

If I could write a story    I''d write it about you
I'd say how much I love you   and how you set me free
I'd tell the world you gave your only son to hang on a cross for  me.
Not just for me but for all mankind  
If I could write a story I'd surely write it about you
I'd talk about the love you give expecting nothing in return
Even from the ones that never call your name
A love that is pure and  true and never goes away
If I could write a story I'd talk about the things you do for me
The times you carried me cause I couldn't find the way
How you light my path so I won't stumble and fall
The way you give me strength when
 I think there is none at all
If I could write a story  I'd write about the peace inside of me
I'd talk about the times you just  sat with me cause I couln't find the words
You just listen to my heart and soul and knew just what to do
If I could write a  story I'd write it about you
I wouldn't even touch the surface of what you mean to me
or even what you do for me
Oh If I could write a story what a story it would be.
If I could write a story it would surely be about you.
written by Jo Ann Kennedy
inspired by God

No comments: